Monday, March 29, 2010

Small Group Teaching Fun!

Big Huge Labs has a tool on it’s site called “Cube” that allows you to place photos from your Flickr site onto a cube or die. I found Creative Commons images that represented six of my favorite small group teaching techniques: Snowball, Post-it Note, Brainstorming, Line Up, Role Play, and Buzz Groups and placed these on a paper die I can download and print. (See others at the London Deanery website) My plan is to utilize this die so faculty can begin to practice these techniques during a faculty development workshop in a fun and nonthreatening way...Roll the dice to see what your assigned teaching technique is to practice... Here's an example of what it might look like:

This assignment calls for inserting an image with an attribution.  Again, I find myself unable to resist the image with a good story.  This brain below is made of green jello, and enjoyed by "The Fam" (as photographer hurleygurley refers to her family) at holiday dinners for the past decade.

1 comment:

  1. Your cube idea sounds motivational.

    I laughed out loud when I saw the jello brain. It looks like just the thing for a boy's birthday party. (Sorry to be so sexist, but I raised one boy and one girl and there was definitely a difference in tastes! :-)

    Dr. Burgos

    ReplyDelete